Over the last decade, increasing numbers of hospitals around the world have begun to focus on medical tourism and providing customized services to international patients. The globalization of healthcare has led to a growing need for qualified and experienced professionals with international patient management skills.
Certified International Patient SpecialistTM (CIPS) is a certification of expertise in the International Patient Services field, provided by the Medical Tourism Association.
The Certification for International Patient SpecialistTM was created for:
Healthcare and hospitality professionals seeking the practical training and knowledge to effectively manage the international patient care process.
- International department staff
- Hospital/Clinic administrators
- Marketing personnel
- Medical tourism facilitators
- Tourism operators
- Hotel staff
- Anyone about to enter the medical tourism/international patient field
Benefits of Becoming a Certified International Patient SpecialistTM:
- Demonstrates to patients, employers and peers that you practice high international patient management standards
- That you possess the training and knowledge to successfully manage an international patient services program
- Sets yourself apart from the competition and shows colleagues your specialized expertise and commitment to the industry
- Shows that you are up to date with current practices in the international patient services industry through continuing education
- Opportunities for job promotion and career enhancement
Individuals who complete the Certified International Patient Specialist'sTM Process will have a comprehensive understanding of:
- International patient expectations
- How to develop an International Patient focused Service Package
- The Lead/patient management process
- The International Service Staff and IT requirements for seamless patient management
- Procedure package pricing and bundling
- Risk management protocols (pre-screening patients, complication insurance, waivers, disclaimers)
- Key elements of an Aftercare program and Continuum of Care Strategy
- How to leverage customer word of mouth advertising
Benefits for Hospitals/Clinics:
By requiring or recommending certification for your staff, you are ensuring that the most updated industry policies and current best practices are implemented at your hospital or clinic. Certified staff can help your organization maintain a competitive edge by increasing patient satisfaction scores.
The MTA awards CIPSTM certification to International Patient Professionals who:
- Pass a comprehensive exam
- Meet professional experience requirements
- Meet educational requirements
- Maintain their international patient credentials through continuing education courses required in order to maintain CIPSTM certification
Certification Requirements: Attend certification training session, complete written exam, and possess moderate to advanced language skills in target market's language.
For more information about the International Patient Center Training Program please contact:
|International Patient Services CertificationTM||Certified International Patient ServicesTM||Medical Tourism Facilitator Certification|