International Patient Services Certification - Excellence Certification
At this very moment there are millions of international patients seeking quality and affordable medical care. Many are seriously considering medical tourism as a way to satisfy this need.
Unfortunately, very few providers possess a clear understanding of the international patient market or how to address the needs and expectations of international patients, insurance companies or facilitators, regardless of their country of origin.
“One patient with a bad medical tourism experience has the potential to seriously hurt your hospital’s image and ruin years of marketing efforts.”
The international market has unique needs and expectations that must be addressed for your international program to be successful. There are medical and non medical services that must be managed through different stages of the care process including arrival at destination, pre and post-op stages, billing, medical record transfer and aftercare.
JCI, ISQua, DVM, AC, and certain other accreditations are good overall indicators of higher medical quality. However, they were not designed to evaluate the specific services, processes and human resources required to ensure an outstanding international patient experience from patient inquiry to continuum of care.
To address the gap between high quality medical services and a positive international patient experience, the Medical Tourism Association has developed two certification programs, one for providers and one for individuals:
International Patient Services Certification (IPSC)
The Excellence Certification for International Patient ServicesTM (IPS) is for hospitals and clinics that have demonstrated that they have the necessary standards, services and protocols in place to adequately address international patient needs, and to generate consistently high international patient satisfaction scores. The Certification is a two year certification.
What Does Certification for International Patient Services Do For Your Organization?
- The certification process educates your organization and increases your knowledge of processes and procedures
- Puts the right processes and procedures in place, reduces the likelihood of errors and it promotes positive outcomes
- Helps create “best practices” when dealing with international patients
- Certification can help to improve overall patient safety and outcomes
- Sets your organization apart and creates a competitive edge
- Provides the “Excellence Certification” logo which you can proudly display on your website and marketing materials
- Patients, Insurance Companies, and Employers will look to work with organizations that have been certified by the Medical Tourism Association™
- Creates confidence, trust and credibility for your organization, helping to increase the flow of international patients
- Helps reduce your organization’s risk and liability
- Free featured listing in Medical Tourism Magazine as a certified hospital/clinic
- Free featured listing on MedicalTourism.com as a certified hospital/clinic
For more information about the International Patient Services Certification ™ please contact:
|International Patient Services Certification||Certified International Patient ServicesTM||Medical Tourism Facilitator Certification|