International Healthcare Research Center
Updated & Released July 9, 2012 : US HealthCare Reform’s Effect on the US Medical Tourism Marketplace White Paper
The Medical Tourism Association has partnered with the International Healthcare Research Center on all future research projects. The International Healthcare Research Center , a 501(c)3 nonprofit research center, focuses on market research, trends and analysis and providing actionable intelligence for the Medical Tourism, International Healthcare and International Health Insurance Industry.
The International Healthcare Research Center does its own independent research as well as partner with Third Party Research Organizations and Educational Institutions.
Types of Research
- International Patient Experiences & Outcomes
- Buyers of Healthcare Research in the area of Insurers, Employers, Governments and Facilitators
- Government Research
- Trends & Analysis of International Patient Care
- Global Health Insurance Research
- Hospital Research
- Researching Healthcare Issues with Local Populations and understanding Health, Wellness and Population Health Management that can positively affect the health and wellbeing of individuals.
The Medical Tourism Association™ is always striving to educate and promote awareness throughout the industry. The information and research gained from conducting these surveys significantly increases awareness in medical tourism through our findings and current information. Survey results are published through numerous media outlets including Medical Tourism Magazine, the Medical Tourism Association™ website, Health Tourism Magazine, and Medical Tourism City, through published reports and at global events.
The International Healthcare Research Center has been designate as a 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service. Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code provides for the exemption for educational and scientific organization which are not organized for profit and no part of the net earnings of which inures to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual. The International Healthcare Research Center does not have shareholders or investors.
2011-2012 Research and Analysis
The International Healthcare Research Center has launched a comprehensive worldwide research project in Medical Tourism as part of its 2011-2012 Strategic Initiatives for Market Research and Intelligence. This Comprehensive Research project will better help stakeholders in the industry better understand the opportunities, challenges and obstacles. It also is imperative to provide insight for those in the industry to understand exactly what is going on in the industry in order to have actionable information in order to move in the right direction. Without understanding what is happening with every type of industry participant, one cannot make intelligent decisions in the industry.
This survey, measures results from
- Medical Tourism Facilitators
- Insurance Companies
- Buyers of Healthcare
- Tour Operators and Hotels
- Other industry participants.
The survey will measure the “pulse” of the medical tourism industry and provide insight into where it is headed in the future. This medical tourism research survey is critical to the industry, by providing the market intelligence for industry participants to make informed decisions. This is the most comprehensive survey and research done in the medical tourism industry to date.
Past Medical Tourism Surveys and Research Reports
- MTA Patient Survey ~ May 1st 2009
- MTA Los Angeles Association of Health Underwriters Medical Tourism Survey ~ May 1st 2009
- MTA Bumrungrad International Patient Survey ~ May 1st 2009
- MTA Hospital Survey ~ July 1st 2009
- MTA Employer Healthcare Reform Survey ~ June 2010
- MTA Healthcare Reform Survey~ July 1st 2010
To receive more information on research and surveys please contact us at Info@medicaltourismassociation.com