If you are a member of the media or press and doing a story on Medical Tourism and would like to arrange an interview with the Medical Tourism Association™ to obtain information, facts, etc please contact the MTA at US 561-791-2000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below we have provided statistics, information, pictures and quote that media and press are free to use in their stories as long as the proper attribution if provided:
- Millions of patients travel to other countries for Medical Tourism Each Year.
- Deloitte estimates that as many as 1.6 million Americans could be traveling in 2012 for Medical Tourism spending billions of dollars.
- A June 2009 MTA Patient Survey found almost 83% of patients traveled with a companion.
- A June 2009 MTA Patient Survey found almost 70% of patients rated their medical care as excellent.
- A June 2009 MTA Patient Survey found almost 90% of patients or their companions engaged in tourism activities.
- A June 2009 MTA Patient Survey found almost 85% of US patients found they received more personalized medical care than in the US
- A June 2009 MTA Patient Survey found almost 86% of US patients said they would travel again overseas for medical care
- A July 2010 MTA Survey found that 71% of Insurance Companies & Employers thought that Healthcare Reform would have a positive effect on the Medical Tourism Industry.
Medical Tourism Surveys and Research Reports
MTA Patient Survey ~ May 1st 2009
MTA Los Angeles Association of Health Underwriters Medical Tourism Survey ~ May 1st 2009
MTA Bumrungrad International Patient Survey ~ May 1st 2009
- MTA Hospital Survey ~ July 1st 2009
- MTA Employer Healthcare Reform Survey ~ June 2010
- MTA Healthcare Reform Survey~ July 1st 2010
MTA Official Quotes for Media/Press
Scott Edelstein, a healthcare counselor from US-based law firm Squire, Sanders and Dempsey, forecasted that the value of global medical tourism would rise to 100 billion dollars in 2012 from 60 billion dollars in 2006.
“Travelling abroad for medical care and health services, referred to as medical travel and health tourism is an age-old practice in all parts of the world. In today's global economy, it makes sense for an informed consumer to consider high quality, cost-effective care choices beyond borders. And for the host country and healthcare service provider, there are significant benefits from engaging in medical tourism including a favorable economic multiplier effect.” – Vivian Ho, Chief Development Officer
“ Medical Tourism is one of the fastest growing segments of healthcare throughout the world. Patients are more educated than ever and are going online to research information and are traveling to where they can get the best quality care at an affordable price. Medical Tourism also allows patients access to medical care or treatment that isn’t available in their home country.” - Jonathan Edelheit, CEO of Medical Tourism Association™